A Student of the Real Estate Game

Cribs for Techies
Posted: 25 May 2011 04:00 AM PDT

In high school one of my favorite TV shows was MTV's Cribs. Not only was it my interest in real estate which drew me to the show, but there was something about looking into the homes of celebrities and the super rich which I found fascinating. It gave me access to something I've never seen before and there were so many things I wanted to know; how was the home laid out; what kind of finishes and appliances did they buy; what unique features did they have; what unnecessary toys and gadgets were laying around the house; what kind of cars did they drive?

Similarly fascinating to me is a look inside the offices of tech startups. Just like my curiosity towards celebrities, I wanted to get a look behind the walls of these elusive start-ups. Well now I can, thanks to the new 'TechCrunch Cribs' series.

Some of the past episodes include tours of 

Posterous,

DropBox,

Seesmic,

Scribd and

IGN to name a few. A lot can be learned about the culture of tech start-ups as well as the type of office space they demand by touring these unique spaces.

You'll quickly learn that start-up's offices are creatively designed with an industrial feel and have endless toys, open collaborative floor-plates, contests and performance incentives and even mascots (not to mention trends like standing desks and themed rooms).

Εστάλη από τη συσκευή μου BlackBerry®


From: A Student of the Real Estate Game <Joe.Stampone@gmail.com>
Sender: noreply+feedproxy@google.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:31:05 +0000
To: <e_chrisis@YAHOO.com>
Subject: A Student of the Real Estate Game

A Student of the Real Estate Game


Cribs for Techies

Posted: 25 May 2011 04:00 AM PDT

In high school one of my favorite TV shows was MTV’s Cribs. Not only was it my interest in real estate which drew me to the show, but there was something about looking into the homes of celebrities and the super rich which I found fascinating. It gave me access to something I’ve never seen before and there were so many things I wanted to know; how was the home laid out; what kind of finishes and appliances did they buy; what unique features did they have; what unnecessary toys and gadgets were laying around the house; what kind of cars did they drive?

Similarly fascinating to me is a look inside the offices of tech startups. Just like my curiosity towards celebrities, I wanted to get a look behind the walls of these elusive start-ups. Well now I can, thanks to the new ‘TechCrunch Cribs’ series.

Some of the past episodes include tours of Posterous, DropBox, Seesmic, Scribd and IGN to name a few. A lot can be learned about the culture of tech start-ups as well as the type of office space they demand by touring these unique spaces.

You’ll quickly learn that start-up’s offices are creatively designed with an industrial feel and have endless toys, open collaborative floor-plates, contests and performance incentives and even mascots (not to mention trends like standing desks and themed rooms).

My favorite office has to be Dropbox, click the the photo to check it out:

How come real estate offices can’t be more like this?


Σχόλια