PDF files for various tasks

Blog-Home > Sites & Blogs > School, work, play: PDF files for various tasks

School, work, play: PDF files for various tasks

Following a recent update to our web server — an activity that always gives me anxiety attacks — I spent some time scanning through the Nitro Blog to make sure all the articles are still live and uncorrupted.
During this overview I realized that we don't cover enough online resources where readers can download useful PDF files and related goodies, which is why I made a resolution to fill this void.

PDF Pad: one of my personal favorites

PDF Pad is one of my top destinations for downloading and printing PDF files which otherwise would be tedious to handcraft whenever needed. My prime example is graph paper. For some reason unknown to me graph paper is never on my list of required office stationery, which is why I can never find any when I need it most. Among my many uses for graph paper, it comes in most handy when I need to sketch out flow charts, UI mockups, and various tables.

So that's how I found PDF Pad. Among its list of available PDF files, you can download and print your own graph paper after configuring a few options like graph type, page size, measuring units, and so forth. For those of you who think graph paper is lame you can also download the following PDF files:

Calendars

Flags

Graph paper

Smith charts

Musical staff sheets

Storyboards

Sudoku puzzles

Right there when you need them most

Trust me when I tell you that you'll probably ignore most of these files until you really need them. Flags, who on earth needs flags? Your kids might need international flags for a school project, and you'll be surprised how it's not that easy to print a high quality graphical flag at the very last minute.

How about Sudoku? If only I had a dollar for every person I know who's totally hooked on Sudoku puzzles. Well, PDF Pad also enables you to print fresh Sudoku puzzles from three difficulty levels. If that isn't brilliantly cool then I don't know what is.

Sudoku!!!

Care to share?

Do you know of a site or repository where fun and useful PDF files can be downloaded? Share your sources with the community by leaving a comment with the site's address.
Are you a web site owner? Go ahead and comment your URL and we will write a feature piece on your site and its features.

 

This entry was written by Jacques Guillaumier and posted on June 19, 2011
Εστάλη από τη συσκευή μου BlackBerry®

Σχόλια